Nowadays the famous cinema Odeon Leicester Square stand on the site where on the 3rd of April 1856 the Alhambra Palace was opened. A conversion of the Royal Panopticon of Science and Art which had been in use for only two years. In the reconstruction a circus ring was fitted. In 1860 there was another refurbishment. A proscenium arch and a stage were added and on the 10th of December 1860 the building re-opened as the Alhambra Palace Music Hall.
The theatre was closed on the 1st of September 1936 and demolished. The current Odeon Cinema opened on 2nd of November 1937.